Sam Phatey might be young in the defiant ’struggle’ of Gambian diaspora political activists. But if there’s a leaf the older ’strugglers’ could borrow from him, it’s to stop the political rascalism and embrace tact and diplomacy in handling differences. Sam tempted the wrath of his fellow strugglers when he
T Smallz Suso’s quest to become a music export is taking roots. The popular singer is on a European tour and has already performed in Norway, Sweden and Finland. In this interview, he talks about his performances and reveals the launch of his upcoming album.
What’s On-Gambia: How was your
She was raised by a single mother after her father left and never looked. She eked out her childhood years in great deprivation. It was her mother who stepped up to the plate at great discomfort for her to learn. Yet in the eyes of the people of her
Katz Jawara has joined the enviable list of incredibly talented young Gambian women who have stormed the country’s lifestyle industry with innovation and style. The grandchild of the former president is welcoming customers into her Black Star Salon. Read our exclusive chat with her.
What’s On-Gambia: Tell us about
Get ready to meet some famous actors! Top Hollywood stars are expected to attend the premiere of the new Roots movie at the Pencha Mi Hall on the 30th May, 2016.
Breaking the exciting news to What’s On-Gambia, a US-based Gambian, Lamin Jatta, who’s a direct descendant of Kunta Kinte, said: “The
- A chat with MaximBady: The Gambian boy making millions of dalasi on social media
- A rare interview with opposition leader and presidential aspirant Mai Fatty
- Alhassan Darboe talks about recent Gambian holiday, predicts a Jammeh victory in December
- A chat with a Banjulian youth leader cum entrepreneur
- EXCLUSIVE: Sulayman Shygle Nyassi talks dad's 'mysterious' death, politics, Pa Nderry and more