She was raised by a single mother after her father left and never looked. She eked out her childhood years in great deprivation. It was her mother who stepped up to the plate at great discomfort for her to learn. Yet in the eyes of the people of her
Katz Jawara has joined the enviable list of incredibly talented young Gambian women who have stormed the country’s lifestyle industry with innovation and style. The grandchild of the former president is welcoming customers into her Black Star Salon. Read our exclusive chat with her.
What’s On-Gambia: Tell us about
Get ready to meet some famous actors! Top Hollywood stars are expected to attend the premiere of the new Roots movie at the Pencha Mi Hall on the 30th May, 2016.
Breaking the exciting news to What’s On-Gambia, a US-based Gambian, Lamin Jatta, who’s a direct descendant of Kunta Kinte, said: “The
Gambians have talents and MaximBady, a UK-based young Gambian has turned what started as a classroom joke into a million dalasis affair. With more than a million social media followers, he has signed up for appearances with the BBC. He explains his journey in this exclusive interview which reads below.
Who’s Mai? This was a familiar question when Mai Fatty joined the race for the first time to State House in 2011. Some even thought he was a woman. Fast-forward to 2016 – the astute young lawyer is the most popular Gambian politician online. Ahead of the 2016 presidential elections,
- Alhassan Darboe talks about recent Gambian holiday, predicts a Jammeh victory in December
- A chat with a Banjulian youth leader cum entrepreneur
- EXCLUSIVE: Sulayman Shygle Nyassi talks dad's 'mysterious' death, politics, Pa Nderry and more
- The Gambia’s daring political talk show host. Interview with Bakary Fatty
- Introducing award-winning actress Prudence Monica Davies