Hello my Gambian brothers and sisters!
My Name is Patty Badjie, 25, a Masterâ€™s Degree student in Germany. I am half -German and half â€“Gambian, born in Germany but raised with two cultures. I am proud to say that my parents have been married now for 25 years! So I
Binta Sillah is a Gambian model in the diaspora, who is making a name for herself and is rapidly rising to the top. Whatâ€™s On-Gambia got the opportunity to chat with her about all the exciting things going on in her career.
Whatâ€™s On-Gambia:Tell us about yourself please?
I am a Gambian born artist living in New York City who is driven by the love for art!
My name is Alfajo jallow, a 20-year-old self-taught artist born and raised in The Gambia, West Africa. Growing up in a society that did very little in questioning art and its
Yes, itâ€™s been three years since that cold February morning when I woke up and decided I would start blogging. It dawned upon me late last night and I wondered at how time flies. It has been one very interesting journey, but I daresay itâ€™s been worth every word, sentence,
For at least every few hours, let us think about our mouth and teeth as a gateway to the rest of our body. If we effectively give regards, much regards to it then we will save a lot of money and time for the doctors and their appointments. God was
Are you surprised that selfie is 2013â€™s word of the year? Â For those of you who donâ€™t know- a selfie is a photo of yourself, taken by yourself usually with a smartphone.Â
In The Gambia, every young person seems to be taking and posting selfies on social media sites.
- Pa Ousman Joofâ€™s New Year Resolution: Teaching my kids about our culture and religion
- Sang W Mendy a.k.a DJ William: How I became a hardcore feminist
- Today is Pink Hijab day, are you ready to take action!?
- Fashion with Mariam is back, and she has a message for the â€˜ebadusâ€™
- Fashion with Mariam: Discover the right hijab style for your face
- Fashion with Mariam: Rabia Z - aspiring Muslim fashion designer
- Fashion with Mariam: The abaya a sign of faith or fashion?
- Fashion with Mariam: Luxurious designer handbags waste of money or great investment?
- Fashion with Mariam: Maxi dresses for summer 2013.
- Fashion with Mariam: How to make shopping a bit easier