Less than two years ago, you couldn’t go anywhere without hearing Bai Babu’s no.1 single, Fahass. The music video of the single garnered more than one million views in less than one year since it was uploaded on YouTube.
But now things look very, very different for the Tallinding-born rapper,
This book interrogates the validity of longstanding claims that Gambians and Senegalese are "one" people in two countries and explores how that claim intersects with the politics and development needs of the two countries. Half a century after independence, proponents of Senegambian unification continue to campaign on the basis of
Last Friday, as the world woke up to the horrifying images of a shooting in a mosque in New Zealand. In The Gambia, the future of our democracy has been clouded once more, by a series of domineering actions of President Adama Barrow. Dictatorial propensities are been manifested on every
The argy-bargy between a faction of the United Democratic Party (UDP) loyal to its Leader, Ousainou Darboe and the other faction (or to be more accurate Barrow Youth Movement) loyal to His Excellency President Adama Barrow shows no sign of abating.
Barrow Youth Movement (BYM) came into being in the
It was an opportunity of a lifetime, one most Gambian football fans could only dream of ever having.
And this happened to be the case for journalist Modou Lamin Sultan Jammeh, who finally got to meet former Champion League star, Mark Van Bommel on Monday.
The Brikama-born was in the
A UK-based Gambian, Yunus Hydara has raised more than D177, 000 for former soldier, Mafugie Sonko.
The 64-year-old former soldier was one of the witnesses at the Truth, Reconciliation and Reparations Commission (TRRC), where he disclosed he was held for nine years without trial.
Mafugie was a driver at the
There was much surprise on Friday when President Adama Barrow named Dr Isatou Touray as his new vice president after sacking Ousainou Darboe.
In a press release, the State House wrote: “H.E. A.N.M Ousainou Darboe has been relieved of his cabinet appointment as the Vice President of the Republic of
- She is homeless after mum kicked her out
- Marina International graduates doing well for The Gambia
- OPINION: I am hopeful and confident about the future of The Gambia
- Gambia’s Omid Wisdom creating a storm with new video “No Be Lie”
- ADULT CONTENT: Five things a modern Gambian woman wants in bed
- From backway to a rising music star in Italy: Introducing Nyima Cham
- I am rich! Batchilly claims he is a multimillionaire
- Private school expels two kids because mother transferred their sister to another private school
- Weird things you didn’t know about Gambian senior schools
- Gambia has a new radio station at 94.7 on the FM dial
Page 1 of 312