She is right now the most talked-about female politician in the country. Here are five things you probably didn't know about Maimuna Ceesay-Darboe.
1. She is a Badibunka. Maimuna was among the pioneering members of the United Democratic Party (UDP), where she was the president of the female youth wing during the early years of the party.
2. After clashes with the former government of Yahya Jammeh, Maimuna moved to the United States. She was granted asylum and later moved her children over to live with her.
3. The outspoken politician later got married to Lamin Darboe, a former UDP National Assembly candidate for Kombo East. The couple have two children, who were born in the US.
4. She is a businesswoman in New York. A source disclosed: "Maimuna have a small shop were she sells jewelry bought online and from Dubai. It is a small business."
5. She recently abandoned the UDP for Barrow Fans Club which is about to be transformed into a political party to support Barrow's reelection bid. Maimuna is right now among the president's most trusted buddies.