A furniture set consisting of a sofa with matching chairs are among the gifts allegedly given to Toufah Jallow by former President Yahya Jammeh, according to a former State House insider.
The pair had a brief fling shortly after she won the Miss 22nd July Scholarship Pageant, an initiative by Jammeh for girls to showcase their talents.
But during her recent appearance at the TRRC, Toufah alleged she was raped and sexually assaulted by the former Gambian leader, who now lives in Equatorial Guinea.
Here are the gifts that were allegedly bestowed on the former beauty queen and her family:
- Bags of cement and trips of sand for the completion of their compound fence
- NAWEC water connection
- A set of furniture worth more than D75,000
- LG flat screen for their living room
- Two iPhone 6+ worth more than D40,000 for Toufah and her mum
- Samsung Galaxy worth more than D10,000 for her dad
- Farming machinery and D100,000 for her dad
- D200,000 surprise shopping spree for Toufah
- A brand new iPad and laptop for Toufah
- D500,000 for Toufah
The former State House insider, who begged for anonymity, promised to grant What's On-Gambia an exclusive interview on the sexual allegations against the former president.