Germany-based Gambian reggae singer-cum- promoter, King Pata has condemned the government for neglecting the country’s music industry.
Pata disclosed that The Gambia has a lot of talented young musicians but many of them are losing the passion for their career due to lack of support.
“GRTS (the national broadcaster) don’t
Some may have forgotten him but Mustapha Njie, fondly known as Taf, is arguably one of the most successful real estate developers in the sub region.
After successfully developing numerous cosy homes in Brufut, West Coast Region, Taf allegedly had a breach in relations with former President Jammeh and moved
Neneh Sallah is believed to have become The Gambia’s youngest female Cambridge graduate after bagging a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD).
The 29-year-old, who graduated on the 22nd July, 2017 in the presence of her family and friends, is widely believed to be among the brightest minds in the country.
A glimpse from the restaurant scene of FISIRINWALLE (Ungratefulness). One of the 4 additional new Gambian films am producing now.
FISIRINWALLE is the first international standard Gambian Sarahulleh (Soninke) language film featuring the best of Soninkara Drama Group artistes under the leadership of the legendary Sankina Sillah.
As a Gambian
The Gambia is still one of the worst countries to be gay, and for now, the new government has no plans to repeal the anti-LGBT law passed by former President Yahya Jammeh.
In a recent interview with West Africa Democracy Radio’s Sheriff Bojang, President Adama Barrow said homosexuality is not
Senegalese superstar, Viviane Chidid is warming up for her much-anticipated concert in the Swedish capital, Stockholm.
Fresh off the success of her latest single, No Stress, this will be the singer’s first appearance in the famous Scandinavian country since the release of her newest album.
According to the organisers, Viviane
While most Gambian women are busy competing with one another on who wears the most expensive clothing amongst other things, Yassin Jallow is putting her culinary skills into practice to help revive the neglected Gambian cuisine.
Yassin returned to The Gambia from Canada shortly after President Barrow came to power.
- Revealed: Jammeh named Soma-Basse highway (Queen Y2J) after this lady
- Blogger Sidi Sanneh criticise for spreading false news
- The Gambia wins Finnish African Football League
- IGP sacks country’s most beautiful police officer
- Chem! Bed bugs invade Gambia College dormitories
- Support Gambian music: Jali Madi Kanuteh prepares for European tour
- Introducing the Coalition Defence League
- Against odd, Halima Sallah graduates with honours
- Is domoda responsible for many liver-related deaths in Gambia?
- Hamat Bah tells Gambians in Switzerland to stop marrying white women