“It’s a hoax. There is no plastic rice in The Gambia.”
These were the words of Dr Zainab Jallow, managing director of the Food Safety and Quality Authority. She was responding to concerns and swirling allegations about plastic rice being sold in Gambian markets.
“I can assure you that
GTBank are the champions of the 2017 edition of the Late Governor Famara Jatta Inter-Bank Football Tournament.
Opponents, Access Bank put up a respectable challenge in the finals played recently at the Independence Stadium in Bakau.
GTBank won the game 3-1 in a penalty shootout following a goalless regulation time.
Some say it causes serious mental disorders. But others argue that it is an effective treatment for different illnesses.
The debate whether President Adama Barrow should legalise marijuana, commonly known as weed, continues to rage following the recently held National Assembly elections.
Social media commentator and former editorial writer for
Jatou Mbowe, fondly known asThaBoss Chick, is appearing in a new Nollywood movie -Banjul My Love - set to be premiered on the 6th May in The Gambia.
She plays the role of Hajara – a gold digger who betrayed her boyfriend, Smith and later hooked up with a rich man, Konteh.
Halifa Sallah has always been a headache to the United Democratic Party (UDP). Now, with his election to the National Assembly, that headache has developed into a brain tumour.
Rumour has it that some UDP National Assembly Members (NAMs) have bought Oxford English dictionaries to ratchet up their war of
Here are What’s On-Gambia’s top 10 most influential Gambians:
Lawyer Ousainou Darboe
He is widely believed to be the country’s de facto president. Lawyer Darboe is the leader of the United Democratic Party – the biggest party in the National Assembly.
He is the former president. Although Jammeh lives
A Gambian doctor in the USA has introduced a new Facebook page to promote health awareness among Gambians.
Dr Tekanyi, who is currently pursuing a postgraduate medical training, told What’s On Gambia:“I started the page to increase the knowledge and awareness of the people on key public health issues affecting
- Gambian girl bags job with UK’s largest commercial TV network
- German girl, Lara Presser is in The Gambia to volunteer on a farm in Sanyang
- INTERVIEW: Foni Kansala’s NAM breaks silence
- FINALLY! Anne Kansiime is The Gambia’s new vice president!
- Are Gambians the most annoying plane passengers in Africa?
- The Gambia’s top musicians not invited to perform at Mavado’s concert
- Meet the most powerful Gambian mulatto
- O Boy and Gambian Child: The most famous Mandinka boyband to ever emerge in Gambia.
- Former Miss 22nd July allegedly lied about sexual abuse
- Is this university student ‘too fat’ for Face of UTG?