A UK-based Gambian, Yaya Jobarteh has opened a new sports shop in Brusubi (opposite the Catholic Church) that sells original men’s, women's and children's trainers and sportswear from Adidas, Fila, Nike, Puma and Yeezy. In this interview, he tells us more about his shop.
What's On-Gambia: Tell us about your
President Adama Barrow has become the first president in Gambian history to have a national fans club.
Sources revealed to What’s On-Gambia that the famous presidential adviser, Dou Sanno is the founder of the fans club. They want to keep Barrow in power past 2021.
Named after him, the fans club
With more than 500,000 followers, Princess Shyngle is unquestionable the Gambian queen of Instagram.
The former Ndow’s Comprehensive student became popular after joining the Nigerian film industry, Nollywood and has since won hearts across Africa.
On Instagram, where she regularly shares sexually suggestive photos and videos of herself, Princess described
The Swedish Migration Agency, Migrationsverket has temporarily suspended the deportation of one of the President Adama Barrow’s most outspoken critics in the Diaspora.
Lamin Jaiteh was due to be removed from Sweden to The Gambia last week, but it seems Migrationsverket agreed to consider new evidence in support of his
A partially-deaf nurse has disclosed to What’s On-Gambia that her hearing was damaged as a child after she was brutally slapped by her neighbour.
Ndey Fatou Njie said: “We were all staying in the same compound. I was playing with his daughter and then she suddenly started crying for no reason.
The leader of the Gambia Moral Congress (GMC), Mai Ahmad Fatty supports birthright citizenship for children born in the country to non-Gambian parents.
This was disclosed by the Constitutional Review Commission on their Facebook page: “Hon. Mai Ahmad Fatty supports automatic citizenship to be granted to anyone born in The
John Charles Ndow, a young church leader at the St Kizito's Catholic Church in Bakoteh, said he was surprised that Ousainou Darboe is so friendly and down-to-earth after his first meeting with the United Democratic Party (UDP) leader.
He told What’s On-Gambia: “He was at our office, Kerr Finder in
- The testimony of YCFaC
- Boxer Badou Jack to feed hundreds of Gambian children
- Mansata is using technology to help with dementia and mental health issues in Africa
- Tallinding hails APRC’s Mansally as a community hero
- Here are the top public secondary schools
- Awa Gai debuts husband No.3 on Facebook
- Fatoumatta Bah-Barrow’s charities prove she’s more than just a First Lady
- Meet the only known young Gambian working in the Maldivian tourism industry
- Africell is in trouble as Orange prepares to enter the Gambian market
- Horejah Bala-Gaye and Alagie Barrow: Inside their love story
Page 1 of 320