UK-based Gambian actor, Babou Ceesay recently made history, becoming the first ever Gambian to be nominated for a BAFTA TV Awards - the British counterpart to the American Academy Awards.
Although he lost out on winning the hotly contested prize, the Gambian community in the United Kingdom were proud of
Twelve-year-old Basiru Sowe is one of a growing number of child vendors who provide for their families by hawking cheap goods on the streets of Banjul.
He is from Senegal.
“I am from Kaolack”, he said. “My dad is sick and can no longer provide for the family. That is
Is Haddy Faye’s Syrian-born fiancé, Rafaat Al-Ahmar really 39 years old?
This is the question lingering on the lips of many. When the famous socialite and businesswoman took to social media to celebrate Rafaat’s 39th birthday, little did she know that it will cause a buzz.
She wrote on Facebook: “I
There is one contested topic today: Gambia. When Fangbili was around, he zipped everyone’s lips on pressing national issues and dominated the narrative until he decided to go. No, until we flushed him out. But a marked distinction between Fangbili’s supporters and those of Ado/Fatandingo is the way each react
The APRC has commenced sale of ashobis, as the former ruling party and its supporters gear up to mark former Gambian president Yahya Jammeh’s birthday.
Exiled leader Jammeh will turn 52 on 25thMay, and his supporters will for the first time, mark the customary birthday celebration of the former president,
Veteran journalist, Sarjo Barrow has called for former president Yahya Jammeh to be hauled before the International Criminal Court (ICC) in The Hague over crimes he committed during his 22 year rule.
Barrow, one of the country’s most famous broadcasters, accused the former president of “destroying The Gambia.”
An oceanfront land gifted to Jamaican music superstar, Mavado has caused a massive stir online among Gambians.
The land was given to him by Global Properties – a real estate company own and run by one of President Adama Barrow’s newly appointed ambassadors –at-large, Saul Frazer.
Politician and youth leader,
- Incredible! Sainabou Cham graduates with highest CGPA in midwifery
- Kiang to get new health centre!
- Fonianka horse finds temporary home after master’s horrific death
- Inside ST and Binta Tamba’s much-talked about relationship
- Five things you didn’t know about Mamma Kandeh
- How Dawda Jallow became a radicalised jihadist and ISIS fighter
- American International University to move to new building soon!
- Double-T drops debut single, “You Special”!
- 10 Gambians selected for 2017 Mandela Washington Fellowship
- The Gambia National Development Blueprint 2017-2020: Do not forget the creative economy, please!