United Democratic Party’s former treasurer, Amadou Sanneh, who was recently released from prison, has been sworn-in as The Gambia’s new finance minister on Wednesday at the Kairaba Beach Hotel
Sanneh was convicted in December 2013 of conspiracy to commit an act with seditious intention, possession of seditious publication and false
Isatou Sawaneh is notorious for never being afraid to speak her mind.
The Stockholm-based party girl, fondly known as Kaboom, took to her unfiltered Facebook page to reignite her feud with APRC supporter, Haddy Yogurt.
It wasn’t pretty.
In a live video, she unleashed a series of insults on Yogurt.
For many, he has the heart of a lion for daring to stand up against Yahya Jammeh – a leader known for using heavy handed and Machiavellian tactics against opponents.
But lawyer Ousainou Darboe is no Nelson Mandela even as many of his supporters try so hard to elevate him
Jali Madi’s new album, Dawda Jawara, is set for release on the 18th February – The Gambia’s Independence Day.
The launching of the long-awaited album, named after the first president of the country, will also coincide with the inauguration of President Adama Barrow.
Happening at the Pencha Mi Hall, the event is expected to attract hundreds of Jali Madi fans.
More info coming soon!
Famous Gambian afrobeat musician, Gambino has recently released his new music video for the single Wish You Well.
The video, which has garnered over 4,000 views on YouTube, was shot in Kenya- an African country well-known for its spectacular scenery and wildlife.
According to a Kenyan newspaper, Gambino’s video is
President Adama Barrow could appoint Lang Tombong Tamba as the governor of West Coast Region (WCR) - a sign that he wants to unite the country after what many described as the most acrimonious presidential election in the country’s history.
Tamba, who previously served as Chief of Defence Staff (CDS)
President Adama Barrow has been superbly commended on his bold decision to retain the services of Lt. General Ousman Badjie as the country’s Chief of Defence Staff.
Many had expected him to fire the army chief upon his arrival in the country due to Badjie’s flip-flopping and lack of leadership
- Barrow’s government may legalise homosexuality in The Gambia
- Is Jammeh’s defeat the work of marabouts? APRC supporters explain
- Barrow’s coalition likely to collapse over conflict of interest
- Are they ungrateful? Famous celebrities that ditched Jammeh
- Ex-president Jammeh owns more land than late Seyfo Sanjally Bojang
- Barrow confirms first wife will be country’s First Lady
- After 15 years in exile, famous journalist Sheriff Bojang Junior returns home
- Isatou Sawaneh: The Stockholm-based girl who found fame on Facebook
- Gambians demand Barrow rescind appointment of Tambajang
- Mariama Jamanka becomes European female champion in Bobsleigh