There are many popular persons in The Gambia in many different fields such as politics, music, comedy and sports. Here is a list of some of them who are internationally known.
Sir Dawda Kairaba Jawara: He was among those who led The Gambia to independence from Great Britain in 1965
It looks like President Emmanuel Macron has a soft spot for The Gambia’s beautiful vice president, Fatoumatta Jallow Tambajang.
The French president was kind of smitten with the 68-year-old when they met during the Global Partnership for Education Finance Conference held recently in Dakar, Senegal.
The pair could be seen
What happened to Adama Barrow’s promise that he would protect The Gambia from foreign predators?
Since he took office as the country’s third president, Barrow and his government have been standing idly by as Senegalese companies milk The Gambia dry.
“This is a humiliating blow to national pride. Most of
Ahmed D Jack, who was widely seen as a top contender in Banjul’s mayoral election in May, has withdrawn his candidacy last week, throwing his support behind Rohey Malick Lowe.
Shortly after his withdrawal, Mr Jack wrote on Facebook: “Since withdrawing my candidature for the Banjul Mayoral Elections, it is
Praying five times a day, which involves repetitive physical movements, may benefit not only spiritually but also physically. Scientists at Binghamton University in New York have determined that when done properly, it can reduce low-back pain.
According to industrial engineering, Prof. Muhammad Khasawneh, the co-author of the research paper, an
US-based Gambian, Saikou Camara has released his book, Testimony of An African Immigrant: A Promise to My Father, which is now available on Amazon, Kindle, and Apple iBooks.
“Thank God and thank you to everyone who helped brought this project to live. The book is officially released,” the young author
Gambians who want to see and listen to Kenyan professor, PLO Lumumba will have to fork out D1500 for the privilege.
The professor, who is one of the most in-demand voices in Africa, is visiting The Gambia for the first time and is expected to deliver a speech on the
- Gambian-British family’s rental house burglarized, money and personal items stolen
- You want to be me, but you don’t like me: Fatou Camara takes veiled swipe at Fatou Touray
- Meet Dr Ismaila Ceesay: Everything you need to know about the UTG lecturer
- Who are the people on government’s most wanted list?
- Gambia-based Serbian idiot wages war with What’s On-Gambia
- All set for Brikama’s biggest music and culture festival
- Banjul women unite to support Rohey Malick Lowe
- Gambians condemn establishment of presidential foundation
- Amie Jobe praised for raising money for Gambian community in England
- This is exactly how Haddy Faye met Raafat Al-Ahmar
Page 2 of 257